Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 3

glasses of water: 2 (improvement), soft drink items: 2 (balanced out by exercise), hours of exercise: 9 (at work, excellent), ice creams: 1 (peer pressure)

Mother brought home a big bag of snakes with the groceries which I found sitting on my chair when I got home from work last night. Between 10pm last night and 10am this morning I'd eaten a third of the cursed bag. When I realised what I was doing to myself I threw the rest of it in the trash. Will resolve not to let further sabotage attempts derail my efforts, and will tell mother not to buy me candy anymore.

The reason I get so much exercise at work is because I work in a liquor store. I'm forever on my feet filling fridges, vacuuming, serving customers and - most athletically - putting away beer deliveries. The ironic part is that I don't drink alcohol. I'm the only 19 year old I know that refuses to drink. I've always thought that when people begin drinking and start believing that everything is more fun when their mind is in a chemically altered state, that that is a really sad thing. And I feel really badly for them.

This is great though, because apparently drinking ages people. Part of perfection is looking as young as you can for as long as you can. This gives me the edge over lots of other people: I don't do the three things that age you the most: I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't go in the sun when it can be avoided. It's somewhat of a long-term investment.

Anyway, I had a 12-9 shift at work today with a beer delivery and when the manager left at 5 I was the manager until closing! This brings progress in the money department and the fitness department.

Then when I got home I allowed mother to derail me again. She brought up ice creams. Damn woman. Never mind. I am resilient, and I will bounce back. Sunday is the big weigh-in, and then I'll have a better idea of where I am and where I'm headed.

That's all for now,
Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment